Why shoot with Koren Reyes?
Top twenty reasons to schedule a photo shoot with Koren ...
- You're going to feel beautiful
- You're going to look beautiful!
- It's really fun
- Impress your friends
- Wow your husband or boyfriend
- Depress your enemies
- You only have one chance to do your first baby's maternity portraits
- You'll never be as young again as you are today
- It's definitely one of the most self-respecting things you'll ever do for yourself
- Is your dog in the prime of life? You can preserve that love forever
- The best celebration ever
- Celebrate turning 30 (or 40 or 50)
- Luxury boudoir photos are the groom's gift that keeps on giving
- Because children just plain old grow up too fast
- Because I'm really good at telling stories with pictures
- Because I'm REALLY good at posing women
- Boudoir pictures are all about the pose. Are you really going to trust someone else with this?
- I'm REALLY good at Photoshop
- Even newborns need a LOT of retouching
- Retouching is not a luxury, it's mandatory
Just for maternity photography...
FAQs about maternity photography
For women: how to look great in a photo
Wardrobe tips for women
- Wear long sleeves, or at least three-quarter length sleeves.
- Choose v-necks, square-necks and turtlenecks.
- Avoid cowlnecks and other floppy necklines.
- Avoid buttondowns and crewnecks unless you have a very long neck.
- Classic jewelry, like pearls, always makes a great choice.
- Blouses with collars that open and lie flat look great over a jacket.
- Layers look great. A single-breasted jacket over a tight-fit, square-neck top looks fabulous.
- Fitted tops always look better than loose-fitting clothing.
- No matter what you choose, make sure you can cross your arms comfortably without the shoulders riding up.
Makeup tips for women: how to look great in a photo
- Wear makeup! If you don't have a professional makeup artist do your makeup, visit a makeup center in advance (Sephora, a MAC store, a makeup counter at
Bergdorf Goodman, etc.)
- Make sure your foundation is evenly blended from the top of the forehead all the way down to the top of the chest.
- Choose a beautiful, polished eye, not a smoky, dark eye.
- Wear a lot of defined mascara or false eyelashes carefully applied to look real.
- Curl your eyelashes before apply falsies or mascara.
- Lip color should be complimentary or nude. Avoid red and orange.
- Avoid spray tans.
Last-minute reminders for women's photo sessions
- Eat lightly or eat nothing at least three hours before your shoot to avoid the tummy bulge.
- No facials 48 hours or less before your shoot time in case you have a bad reaction.
- Get a really good night's sleep TWO days before your shoot when you're not nervous!
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before your shoot.
What should I wear to my photo shoot?
Get ready for a pet portrait session
Can I bring more than one pet?
- You may bring up to three without any special arrangements. If you plan to bring more than three, please call.
How should I prepare my pet for the shoot?
- Definitely get your pet groomed! And give your pet as much exercise as possible prior to the shoot.
What should I do to get ready?
- Groom yourself, too. Wear makeup (males & females!), wear solid-colored clothing, shoes are optional, and dress in a style that you most closely associate with your pet. If you live a formal life in a Fifth Avenue apartment, bring a ball gown. If you take long walks on the beach, wear shorts and bring your dog's favorite ball or stick.
Do I have to be in the picture?
- Absolutely not. If you want a photo session that's just about Fido, we're happy with that, too.
Do you require a deposit?
- We require a 20% deposit to book your date. It's payable by check or credit card.
What equipment do you use?
- We use an all-professional line of Canon digital cameras (no pro-sumer, no consumer stuff here) and ProFoto lighting
What if I get sick or my pet is ill on our shoot date?
- If you need to postpone your shoot with less than 24 hours notice, you will forfeit your deposit.
What if I need to cancel altogether?
- We will give you a full deposit refund if you cancel more than 24 hours before your shoot time. If you cancel with less than that and I can't fill your slot from the waiting list, you will forfeit your deposit.
What packages do you offer?
- I offer many options, all of which include some nice presentation options. If you have something else in mind, I'm happy to apply a credit toward anything you can imagine.
What should I bring to the shoot?
- Your pet's favorite treats, squeaky toys or other favorite distractions.
How many pictures do you take?
- We'll take approximately 200 images of a single pet. That's a lot to work with. We highly recommend you schedule a Purchasing Session to figure out which images to print, how to crop, sequencing, etc.
- For more than one pet, the minimum number of shots you get drops just because it's harder to organize multiple animals.
What happens after the shoot?
- After the shoot, you'll receive a low-resolution, proof CD. You have the option of returning to the studio for a sixty-minute purchasing session. During this return visit, you'll view a slideshow of your top images set to music and will have plenty of time to decide which images to frame or order for a custom album.
- I do ask that you make your purchasing decisions during this time. If you need to return for another session, I'll bill you an additional $500 re-viewing fee.
Can I purchase the digital negatives?
- Yes! The original digital negatives are available as a buy-out for $3,500.
- Individual high resolution files are available based on a sliding investment scale.
Can I purchase 4x6 proofs?
- Yes! You may purchase your entire shoot proofs for $1.50 per image.
- Individual proof prints are not available.
Can I get high resolution files?
Can I buy the hi-rez files?
- Absolutely! You're welcome to purchase groups of unretouched digital negatives. Sets of five are $895 and the files are 1920 x 2880 pixels
- Please note that every newborn photography session includes one retouched, optimized file for a baby announcement
- Lastly, if know you want all your high resolution digital negatives, you're welcome to do a buy-all for $3,500