...What men wear & what to bring
What should my husband wear?
- Men should bring jeans or khaki pants or any other dark bottoms.
- I encourage soft (not starched), plain white shirts. Cotton and linen are both great choices.
- Throw a regular, WHITE and/or BLACK crew-neck t-shirt in the bag, too.
- Bring solid, dark colors like black, dark brown, navy blue and charcoal gray tops and bottoms. Layers are great; wear the t-shirt under a crew- or v-neck sweater or jacket.
What else should I bring to my photo shoot?
- Bring large or small props that have meaning. Bring stuffed animals, building blocks, flowers...
- Unusual items: saris, native fabrics, wedding veils.
What does the photographer provide?
- White and gold drapery
- A big, white sheet
What beauty preparation should I consider?
- Get a manicure and a pedicure a day or two in advance.
- Wear makeup! If you don't choose a package that includes makeup, you'll get the best results if you visit a makeup center prior to your shoot. Call to talk about these options.
- Don't wear anything binding to the shoot to avoid marks on your skin. This includes bras with underwires, ribbed socks and hair bands on your wrist.
Need more tips on what women should wear for a maternity shoot?
- 5 Things to know before hiring a photographer
- How to choose a photographer
- What to wear to a maternity photo shoot
- 10 things NOT to wear to a maternity photo shoot
- What men wear to pregnancy photo shoots
- What to wear to a family photo shoot